- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has been ranked the Ninth Most Innovative Company in the world by the renowned US business magazine Forbes in 2011
- BHEL wins ICWAI National Awards for Excellence in Cost Management for the sixth consecutive year; maximum number of awards conferred on BHEL among public and private sector companies.
- BHEL's Innovativeness gets Global Recognition; Forbes ranks BHEL at No.9 in the list of the World's 100 Most Innovative Companies.
- BHEL gets Golden Peacock Award 2011 for Occupational Health and Safety.
- 2010– BHEL bags EEPC's Top Export Award for the 20th consecutive year..
- BHEL wins MoU Excellence Award for the year 2006–07 for the highest growth rate in Market Capitalization.
Other achievements, BHEL has:
- Installed equipment for over 90,000 MW of power generation –– for Utilities, Captive and Industrial users.
- Supplied over 2,25,000 MVA transformer capacity and other equipment operating in Transmission & Distribution network up to 400 kV (AC & DC).
- Supplied over 25,000 Motors with Drive Control System to Power projects, Petrochemicals, Refineries, Steel, Aluminum, Fertilizer, Cement plants, etc.
- Supplied Traction electrics and AC/DC locos to power over 12,000 kms Railway network.
- Supplied over one million Valves to Power Plants and other Industries.
- Certified to ISO 9001:2000
- Rajiv Gandhi Quality Award: 1995
- Golden Peacock – National Quality Award: 1999
- Golden Peacock – National Quality Award: 1999–2000
- CII–EXIM 'Strong Commitment to Total Quality Management'– 2000
- Rajiv Gandhi Quality Award: 2000–01
- IMC–Bajaj National Quality “Commendation Certificate” – 2002
- Special Commendation under Golden Peacock – National Quality Award – 2003
- International Asia Pacific Quality Award (IAPQA) – 2005
- BHEL employees win 8 Prime Minister's Shram Awards
- BHEL employees win 5 Vishwakarma National Awards
- BHEL Unit bags 3 National Safety Awards
- BHEL–developed India's first Ultra High Voltage AC 1200 kV Transformer successfully commissioned
- BHEL wins SCOPE Meritorious Award 2010–11 for Best Practices in Human Resource Management
- The Hon'ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, presenting the National Energy Conservation Award 2012 to Mr. B. Prasada Rao, CMD, BHEL
- BHEL conferred Jury Award for Lasting Impact on Indian Economy
- CMD, BHEL honoured with Lakshya Business Visionary Award 2013
- BHEL bags PSE Excellence Award 2013 for RnD, Technology Development and Innovation
- BHEL wins India Pride Award 2013 for Excellence in Heavy Industries
- BHEL bags World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Award for Innovative Enterprises
- BHEL achieves milestone in the Middle East market with the commissioning of another Gas Turbine– based Power Plant in Oman
- BHEL bags Intellectual Property Award 2014
- BHEL has been awarded the CBIP award for “Best Power Equipment Manufacturing Organization”.
- BHEL bags “Outstanding Achievement Award” in recognition of excellence in R&D through technology in large enterprise category